Bobby Y. Lydon-Lam
While in law school, Bobby was actively involved in the International Human Rights Law Society, as well as the criminal defense and wrongful conviction clinics. He argued before the U.N. Human Rights Committee in New York City, and defended indigents in D-felony cases in Indianapolis. He volunteered with Kids' Voice of Indiana, the Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic, and the Indianapolis Bar Association's Pro Bono and Modest Means programs
After relocating to California in 2016, he is now a member of the Catholic Communities of Pleasanton, and looking forward to becoming an active member of the Bay Area community.
- Indiana, 2012
- Missouri, 2012
- U.S. Tax Court
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Juris Doctorate - 2011
- Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana
- B.S. - 2002
- Major: Computer Science
- Minor: Business
- Learn about Your Rights (Training Manual on HIV and the Law for NGO), BABSEA CLE, UNAIDS, PLD Vietnam - contributing researcher & editor, 2012
- The United States of America: Juvenile Life without Parole (Report to the United Nations Human Rights Committee), International Human Rights Law Society, Program in International Human Rights Law - contributing author, editor, and researcher, 2010
- Australia's Breach of its Obligations under the ICCPR to Protect the Rights of Women (Report to the United Nations Human Rights Committee), International Human Rights Law Society, Program in International Human Rights Law - contributing author, editor, and researcher, 2009
Honors and Awards
- Norman Lefstein Award of Excellence
Professional Associations and Memberships
- American Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
Pro Bono Activities
- Volunteer with Kids' Voice of Indiana , 2012 to 2015
- Volunteer with the Neighborhood Christian Legal Clinic , 2012 to 2015
- Volunteer with the Indianapolis Bar Association , 2012 to 2015
- Volunteer Mock Trial Coach with Cascade High School , 2011 to 2014
- Volunteer mentor with Trusted Mentors , 2014 to 2015
Recent Blog Post
When someone passes away, concerns arise about handling their estate. Hopefully, the individual informed a personal representative that a last will and testament exists. Writing and signing a legal will is part of the estate and probate equation as the document must...
The key aspects to consider before forming your special needs trust are fiduciary duties and who will perform them. In California, you have a right to set aside funding for the future care of any beneficiary you name. Beneficiaries with disabilities face a threat to...
Trustors use an IDGT to isolate specific trust assets. This is in order to segregate estate tax from income tax. The Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust is a trust used with deliberate and purposeful intent to protect assets. Maximizing next-generation assets IDGTs...
View More Blog Posts