Law Offices Of Connie Yi, PC
Tell Us About Your Case

For the safety of our community, clients and staff, we have suspended all in-person meeting effective March 17, 2020. All consultation meetings will be via Phone or Zoom Video Conferencing. Please contact us at 925-484-0888 or email us directly at [email protected] to schedule the consultation.

Bay Area Estate And Tax Planning Law Firm
Estate Planning
Trust Administration and probate


Providing tax advice for you and your small business

| May 21, 2016 | Uncategorized |

For many small business owners, the line between personal tax obligations and business tax obligations is not always clear. Depending on the type of business structure you choose, your business taxes will be filed with your personal return or may need to be filed separately. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. There are many more tax-related financial decisions that need to be made when setting up a new business.

If you’ve always dreamed of starting your own business but are worried about tax matters, you should know that help is available. At the Law Offices of Connie Yi, P.C., you can work with an experienced tax law attorney who is also a certified public accountant.

Our firm regularly works with individuals who are starting a business, buying or selling a business, or looking to pass on a business to a family member. No matter what your financial and tax questions may be, our firm can help.

Consider the business structure scenarios above as just one of many examples of the decisions business owners face. The type of business structure you choose will determine if you report business taxes on your personal return or in a separate return.

Use your personal return if your business is:

  • A sole proprietorship
  • A partnership
  • A limited liability corporation (LLC)

You must file a separate return if your business is a:

  • C corporation
  • S corporation

Which filing scenario is better? It depends on your situation. Filing a separate business tax return can be more complex and create extra work. However, corporate structures typically make it easier to shield your personal finances from the negative effects of any business debt.

When you work with the Law Offices of Connie Yi, P.C., you can expect knowledgeable tax and financial advice for yourself and your business. To learn more, feel free to visit our website.



FindLaw Network

Recent Blog Post

What are reasonable fees to charge as a trustee in California?

When implementing an estate plan in California, it is essential to ensure that you receive the proper compensation for the amount of time and work you are putting in. The probate court will look through the amount you charge to see if it is reasonable, especially if...

What to know about life insurance trusts

California families have an exemption for their estate that keeps it from being subject to income taxes. However, above that $11.7 million, the estate tax bill could get large. This is why they need to take measures to reduce the size of their taxable estate. Life...

Are estate taxes headed for changes?

Not every inheritance involves paying estate taxes, but some estates rise above the federal exclusion amount. California residents that feel familiar with state and federal tax rules might not realize changes could happen. Namely, proposals intended to raise tax...

View More Blog Posts